Recently, Petra Coach presented a webinar, Get Your Dose of Sales B12 with Chief Door Opener Caryn Kopp.
You can find the full recording below.
For further conversation or questions, contact Caryn at koppconsultingusa.com/contact-us.
- Your best clients and referral partners from before may not be your best ones now.
- Not all closed deals are the right deals.
- Not all sales activities are effective activities.
- Not all great sales hunters are great door openers.
5 Planks of Door Opening Success
- Ready, Aim, Fire not Ready, Fire, Aim
- Willingly Pay
- Obvious Solution
- Why spend time on Evan when you can find more Sandy’s?
- The person with the best words wins
- Change the language, change the outcome
- Example: I’ll call you next week vs. How’s Thursday at 10?
Creating Your Kopp Gap Method of Sales Messaging
- Anybody can…
- But, not everyone can…
- For example…
Example: Anyone can say they provide great customer service, but not everyone can deliver on their promise. For example, we once chartered a plan at our expense to transport supplies on time.
- Language + Delivery = Outcome
Right Answers to Objections
- The 3 Pre’s with Objections: Pre-think, prepare, pre-practice
Right Door Opener
- Not all great hunters are great door openers
- 96% of sales people are closers, only 4% are openers
- Studies show it take 8-12 touchpoints of value to get to a disposition
- How much time weekly is being spent talking to the right group of prospects?
Who Will Do This Work?
- They must have all 3:
When Outsourcing Door Opening Makes Sense:
- You can close sales who you meet the right prospects, but need to meet them more
- You don’t have time or desire to build (or rebuild) an internal appointment setting capability, you just need one that works
- Your team’s time and talent is better spent closing deals than prospecting
- You need meetings while you hire so you can generate sales until new sellers are on board and contributing
- You want to meet certain prospects and your team can’t access them fast enough
- You want to stop wasting money on sellers who say they can get the doors open but don’t
- Lead Generation Company: low level SDR who does appointment setting and email campaign
- Lead Generation Company: email or LinkedIn campaign, no calling
- Outsourced Senior level business developers to get meetings with executive level prospects – 1:1 relationship building professional approach
- Off-shore call center
Achieving and Measuring Success
What Can You Do to Be Sure Sales is Working?
- Focus on only “important win” prospects (verified contact info)
- Proficiency in using the best sales messaging, including slam dunk objection responses
- Those doing the door opening can and will do the job
- Managers of those doing door opening know how to set it up/diagnose/resolve issues to accelerate results
- Minimize non-revenue generating activities
- Consider dividing aspects of sales
- Get the right outside help when needed
- Don’t assume that managers and sellers know how to make things better and are in alignment with strategy, check on it
Standard Sales Metrics
- # calls, emails, text, connects (LI)
- # meetings/conversations
- # of proposals
- # closed deals/new clients
- TAM (Total Addressable Market)
- ARR (Average Recurring Revenue)
Kopp’s Sales Effectiveness Metrics
- % of closed deals which are the right deals
- # of prospects which are the right prospects
- % each objections
- # open tasks
- Time to activity
- % of time spent on non-revenue generating activities
- % of 1st meetings which go to 2nd meetings
- % of sellers who are the right sellers in the right roles
- % of managers who are the right managers in the right roles
What is the #1 reason who sales which should close don’t close? People aren’t getting in enough doors in the first place.
Like what you see? Register for our upcoming workshops & webinars today!