Recently, Petra Coach presented a webinar, The 5 Planks of Door Opening Success with Caryn Kopp.
You can find the full recording below.
The below Illustrated Model is from The Vivid Ink Company. Kristin McLane and her team transform the spoken word into lasting and actionable works of art. Check them out on LinkedIn or their website.
Building & Rebuilding – Sales Truths
- Your best clients and referrals partners from before may not be your best ones now
- Not all closed deals are the right deals
- Not all sales activities are effective activities
- Not every seller who has successfully switched to virtual selling has also successfully switched to virtual prospecting
- Not all great sales hunters are great door openers
5 Planks of Door Opening Success
- Right Target
- Right Message
- Right Answers to Objections
- Right Door Opener
- Right Execution
- The person with the best words wins
- Sales messaging is not equal to marketing messaging
- Change the language, change the outcome
- Sellers sometimes talk over prospect – let them think and answer
Building Your GAP Message
Example: Anybody can say they provide great customer service. But not everyone can deliver on their promise. For example, we once chartered a plane at our expense to transport supplies on time.
Language + Delivery = Outcome
Avoid Doing Sales Poorly
- Crappy voicemail
- Crappy emails
- Crappy LinkedIn messages
Right Door Openers
Hunters are 96% closers and 4% openers.
Options for Getting Sales Work Done
- Internal: Seller/ Do-er
- Internal: Seller (hands off to Do-er)
- Internal Seller + Outsourced Door Opener – Magic Happens!
- How much time you’re spending weekly against the right prospect list developing the relationship and giving them reasons why they can benefit from working with you
- Tracking progress and setting tasks
- CRM recommended
What Can You Do To Be Sure Door Opening Is Working?
- Focus on only “important win” prospects (verified contact info)
- Proficiency in using the best sales messaging, including slam dunk objection responses
- Those doing the door opening can and will do the job
- Managers of those doing door opening know how to diagnose/resolve issues to accelerate results
- Minimize non-revenue generating activities
- Consider dividing aspects of sales
- Get the right outside help, when needed
Like what you see? Register for our upcoming workshops & webinars today!