Recently, Petra Coach presented a webinar, The 5 Planks of Door Opening Success with Caryn Kopp.
You can find the full recording below.
Building & Rebuilding – Sales Truths
- Your best clients and referrals partners from before may not be your best ones now
- Not all closed deals are the right deals
- Not all sales activities are effective activities
- Not every seller who has successfully switched to virtual selling has also successfully switched to virtual prospecting
- Not all great sales hunters are great door openers
5 Planks of Door Opening Success
- Right Target
- Right Message
- Right Answers to Objections
- Right Door Opener
- Right Execution
- The person with the best words wins
- Sales messaging is not equal to marketing messaging
- Change the language, change the outcome
- Sellers sometimes talk over prospect – let them think and answer
Building Your GAP Message
Example: Anybody can say they provide great customer service. But not everyone can deliver on their promise. For example, we once chartered a plane at our expense to transport supplies on time.
Language + Delivery = Outcome
Avoid Doing Sales Poorly
- Crappy voicemail
- Crappy emails
- Crappy LinkedIn messages
Right Door Openers
Hunters are 96% closers and 4% openers.
Options for Getting Sales Work Done
- Internal: Seller/ Do-er
- Internal: Seller (hands off to Do-er)
- Internal Seller + Outsourced Door Opener – Magic Happens!
- How much time you’re spending weekly against the right prospect list developing the relationship and giving them reasons why they can benefit from working with you
- Tracking progress and setting tasks
- CRM recommended
What Can You Do To Be Sure Door Opening Is Working?
- Focus on only “important win” prospects (verified contact info)
- Proficiency in using the best sales messaging, including slam dunk objection responses
- Those doing the door opening can and will do the job
- Managers of those doing door opening know how to diagnose/resolve issues to accelerate results
- Minimize non-revenue generating activities
- Consider dividing aspects of sales
- Get the right outside help, when needed
Like what you see? Register for our upcoming workshops & webinars today!