Recently, Petra Coach hosted a Coaches’ Corner – a 1-hour session of live Q&A – with Certified Petra Coaches and Accountability Coaches Jason Rush, Mark Comiso and Taylor Brown.
You can find the full recording here.
To augment the recording, below is a brief recap of questions and answers from the session.
Set Up an Environment for Success
- Don’t bring things into your environment that you know would be a trigger
- This goes for both your home environment and your work environment
Set Your Day Up for Success
- Whether that’s meditating, waking up early, exercising
- Plan your next day so that you’re not frazzled the day of
- By doing that, you will set yourself up for success
Start Small with Your Habits
- If you start big, you will get bogged down
- Over time you can add more
In order to create a habit, you will need: Motivation, Ability and Prompt
What is the right prompt to achieve that action?
- Example: Running a marathon – you have the motivation, but do you have the ability?
- For the prompt, break it down to what you can do today to start working towards that larger goal
Examples of habits tracked daily:
- 3 Liters of water per day
- 10 minutes of meditation
- 30 minutes of movement per day
- Taking pills and vitamins
- Writing one note of appreciation per day
- 8 hours of sleep
- 30 minutes of a Podcast a day
- Making your bed every day
You will want to have a ‘why’ behind each of these habits
Decision Making Fatigue
- If you focus on your goal and the “why” behind it, it will help you accomplish your goal
- A lot of people do their “what” and don’t get to the “why”
- Don’t come to the decision-maker with a problem, come with a solution
- Be the question person, not the answer person
Like what you see? Register for our upcoming webinars today!