Recently, Petra Coach presented a webinar, “Back on Track in Q3: Ensure Leaders Reset & Round Out 2020 in the Driver’s Seat” with Certified Petra Coach Marshall Martin.
If you’re a business leader, you need to see this.
You can find the full recording here.
To augment the recording, we noted takeaways and tips from the presentation. Click HERE to download the Petra Coach Theme Book. Register for The Vault HERE to access worksheets and tools discussed in today’s session.
By Kristin McLane – The Vivid Ink Company
Plan for the worst, live out the best
You may not have been impacted by this as far as revenue goes, but now is the time to be reminded that anything can happen in our world today that we can turn into a positive.
- How can you impact others in a positive way?
- If you were to be impacted, what would you do?
It’s been so important during these times to have daily huddles to keep in touch with what is going on inside the organization.
Leaders are working more on the business vs. inside the business.
The Five Steps to Creating an Actionable Strategic Plan
Find your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats inside the business
- Then determine what you will do to protect your strengths and what you will do to remove the weaknesses
- What have you wanted to do, that now you may have time to achieve and what steps can be taken to mitigate the risk associated with those threats?
- Also find your short term and long-term trends – What’s working and what’s not?
One Page Strategic Plan
- Core Values
- Core Purpose
- Brand Promise
- Your WHY
- BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal)
- 3-5 Year Targets/ 1 Year Targets
- Annual, 6-month & Quarterly
- Metric of where you are today (revenue or profit)
- Targets can be around sales, customer retention or employee retention
- You should have about 3-5 of these
- What will drive you to those targets
- Example: 10 mil. by the end of the year
- Example: The activities or actions to get you there
Plan out your Company Priorities, which are smaller than the Targets, but are things that you need to go to do be able to hit those Targets.
- Define your end goal, then determine what you need to do each week to achieve that end goal. Be specific about the goals that you want to achieve.
- Example: Not just “more sales” – X amount of revenue from sales
- Set a theme around the company priorities and make it fun for the team
- Put rewards, celebrations and reminders in place that keep the team connected to the theme
Like what you see? Register for our next thought leadership webinar HERE.