Recently, Petra Coach presented a webinar, Becoming Well Known: How to Leverage Your Reputation to Build Your Business with AJ Vaden.
You can find the full recording below.
What Is A Brand?
- A brand is what people think about when they think about you
- Another word for personal branding is reputation
- Today’s business’ biggest problem isn’t lack of revenue, it’s lack of reputation
Personal Branding is…
- Significant generation differences exist when it comes to trust and engagement with individuals who have established personal brands
- The forthcoming generation of leaders and trendsetters with the largest spending power for the next 30 years do not consider personal branding a game of vanity and popularity, but a much more “critical” and “essential” component of work, learning, and trust that influences everyday life.
Stat: Americans are most likely to buy from, recommend, and do business with an individual who has an established personal brand.
Stat: 58% of Americans would be willing to pay more to receive their services from a professional who does NOT work at a large company but has an established personal brand.
Americans are willing to spend more on products and services from individuals with established personal brands.
Stat: 67% of all Americans would be willing to spend more money on products and services from the companies of founders whose personal brand aligns with their own personal values.
A Trust Accelerator
More than anything else, endorsements from others are the most powerful factor when it comes to trusting, hiring, and paying more for products and services.
Stat: ¾ of Americans are more likely to trust someone who has an established personal brand.
Stat: 82% of all Americans agree that “companies are more influential if their executives have a personal brand they know and follow.”
- Ultimately, the majority of Americans consider a personal brand as someone who is simply recognizable to them.
- The higher the requirement for trust, the more important having an established personal brand becomes.
- If people don’t know about you, they cannot do business with you.
So, how do I become known as the #1 go-to person for my industry?
Part 1: What Do You Want To Be Known For?
Ask yourself 6 questions:
- What do you want to be known for?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- What do you want people to. Say when you’re not around?
- How do you want to be introduced?
- What do you want to be associated with?
- What do you want people to think when they think of you?
“Find your uniqueness and exploit it in the service of others.” -Larry Winget
Part 2: Who Do You Want to Be Known By?
Points that inevitably come up in this conversation:
- Don’t want to seem self-promotional
- If it feels that way, you’re doing it wrong.
- Do I really have something new to add to the conversation?
- No one can say or has said it in the way that you can.
- Afraid that people won’t like them
- Haters gonna hate – people will dislike you as much as they do like you.
Ask repeatedly: Who should I serve?
- You are most powerfully positioned to serve the person you once were.
- Make it less about you and more about them.
Part 3: How Do you Make a Bigger Impact?
3 Ways You Build Trust with Your Audience:
- See you
- Know you
- Learn from you
*Both online and offline (Offline grows your personal brand and trust exponentially faster.)
The Equation: Provide value. Build trust. Repeat.
Don’t make it about what you do, make it about who you are.
Exclusive Offer: To request a free call with AJ, click HERE!
Like what you see? Register for our upcoming workshops & webinars today!